How can your business be sustainable and profitable? Green business starts with a review of your cost structure. There is so much overwhelming information on ‘green washing’ out there, that it’s difficult to determine what will provide a tangible return. Implementing these few simple steps can add up to significant cost savings. What can be more tangible than seeing your profits grow?
- Use Energy Efficiently – Buy Energy Star light bulbs, appliances & office equipment like Printers, Fax Machines, Computers, Coffee makers
- Buy & Use Recycled: Paper, Printing cartridges, Envelopes, Packaging for products, Coffee Filters
- Go Digital with all of your communications and limit the use of paper
- Print double sided
- Rent your office space in LEED certified building
- Paint your office walls with less toxic, fast drying paints
- Get creative with office decorating – DIY refurbishing of furniture from local thrift & antique shops
- Get rid of Styrofoam & Plastic cups, utensils, dishes.
- Manage the thermostat to use less heat in the winter & less air conditioning. Unless you are in Client & Media facing roles, embrace casual work attire
- Buy a fuel efficient vehicle like Electric or Hybrid for business needs.
Cover photo courtesy of Brisbane City Council